Job prospects Registered Animal Health Technologist near Windsor (ON)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "registered animal health technologist" was moved from the group Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians (NOC 3213) to the group Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians (NOC 32104).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians" near Windsor (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians (NOC 3213) in the Windsor - Sarnia region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 230 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 90%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 10%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: