Job prospects Advertising And Promotions Specialist near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as an advertising and promotions specialist.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations (NOC 1123) in the Calgary region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 9,100 people work in this occupation.
- Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 21%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 12%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 9%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 7%
- Oil and gas extraction (NAICS 211, 213): 6%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: