Job prospects Administrative Assistant in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Administrative assistants (NOC 1241) are good in Manitoba over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an administrative assistant.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be good for Administrative assistants (NOC 1241) in Manitoba for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Administrative assistants in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 7,850 people work in this occupation.
- Administrative assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Elementary and secondary schools (NAICS 6111): 16%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 7%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 7%
- Religious, grant-making, civic, and professional and similar organizations (NAICS 813): 7%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 80% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 20% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 65% of administrative assistants work all year, while 35% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 5% of administrative assistants are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Fair Fair|
|North Central Region||Good Good|
|North Region||Fair Fair|
|Parklands Region||Fair Fair|
|South Central Region||Good Good|
|Southeast Region||Good Good|
|Southwest Region||Good Good|
|Winnipeg Region||Good Good|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Administrative assistants (NOC 1241) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
Mining Sector Hiring Forecast
The Mining Industry Human Resources Council (MiHR) forecasts that the mining sector will need to hire a total of 1,055 Administrative assistants in Manitoba from 2011 to 2021.
The following table shows MiHR’s forecast for the total number of jobs that will need to be filled from 2011 to the given year.
|Cumulative Hiring Forecast (base year 2011)||2013||2016||2021|
Occupation: Administrative assistants
- Date modified: