Job prospects Administrative Assistant near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Administrative assistants" near Toronto (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Administrative assistants (NOC 1241) in the Toronto region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Administrative assistants in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 37,050 people work in this occupation.
- Administrative assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 17%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 15%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 13%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 8%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 7%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Administrative assistants across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: