Job prospects Administrative Assistant near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Administrative assistants near Edmonton (AB). These trends also apply to people working as an administrative assistant.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2018-2020). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Administrative assistants (NOC 1241) in the Edmonton region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Administrative assistants in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 10,010 people work in this occupation.
- Administrative assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 19%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 11%
- Provincial and territorial public administration (NAICS 912): 10%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 9%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 9%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: