Job prospects Gas Appliance Repairer - Customer Service near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Appliance servicers and repairers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a gas appliance repairer - customer service.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Appliance servicers and repairers (NOC 7332) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Appliance servicers and repairers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 1,120 people work in this occupation.
- Appliance servicers and repairers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 54%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 15%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 9%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 5%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 5%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: