Job prospects E-business Web Site Developer near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Web designers and developers near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as an e-business Web site developer.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Web designers and developers (NOC 2175) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Web designers and developers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 4,500 people work in this occupation.
- Web designers and developers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 63%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 8%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 8%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: