Job prospects Maintenance Manager in British Columbia
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "maintenance manager" in British Columbia or Canada.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Facility operation and maintenance managers (NOC 0714) in British Columbia for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Facility operation and maintenance managers in British Columbia:
- Approximately 5,600 people work in this occupation.
- Facility operation and maintenance managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Real Estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 53): 18%
- Arts, entertainment and recreation (NAICS 71): 10%
- Other transportation and warehousing (NAICS 482-483, 486, 487, 493): 9%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 8%
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 7%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 91% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 9% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 73% of facility operation and maintenance managers work all year, while 27% work only part of the year, compared to 56% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 36 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 11% of facility operation and maintenance managers are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 76% compared to 52% for all occupations
- Women: 24% compared to 48% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: 8% compared to 10% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 28% compared to 28% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: 14% compared to 9% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 27% compared to 23% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: 15% compared to 19% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: 6% compared to 10% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region|
|North Coast Region|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region|
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "maintenance manager" Facility operation and maintenance managers (NOC 70012) or Canada.
- Date modified: