Job prospects Inspector, Precision Instrument Assembly in the Southern Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors" in the Southern Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), there was a labour shortage for Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors in the Southern Region. There were more job openings than workers available to fill them in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors (NOC 9537) in the Southern region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors in the Southern region:
- Approximately 50 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other manufacturing (NAICS 313-316, 322-323, 327, 331, 333-335, 337, 339): 37%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 37%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 26%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: