Job prospects Hand Sprayer - Greenhouse in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) are limited in British Columbia over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a hand sprayer - greenhouse.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be limited for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) in British Columbia for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Nursery and greenhouse workers in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 4,300 people work in this occupation.
- Nursery and greenhouse workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 81%
- Forestry and logging (NAICS 113, 1153): 7%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 77% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 23% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 24% of nursery and greenhouse workers work all year, while 76% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 27 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of nursery and greenhouse workers are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Limited Limited|
|Kootenay Region||Fair Fair|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Fair Fair|
|Nechako Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Coast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Northeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Limited Limited|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Limited Limited|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: