Job prospects Hand Sprayer - Greenhouse near Hamilton (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Nursery and greenhouse workers" near Hamilton (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
Most of the greenhouses, nurseries, and floriculture operations are in the Niagara, Haldimand-Norfolk and Hamilton areas.
Here are some key facts about Nursery and greenhouse workers in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region:
- Approximately 3,740 people work in this occupation.
- Nursery and greenhouse workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 82%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 7%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Nursery and greenhouse workers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: