Job prospects Hand Sprayer - Greenhouse near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Nursery and greenhouse workers near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a hand sprayer - greenhouse.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was poor over the past few years (2019-2021). There were more workers available than job openings.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Nursery and greenhouse workers (NOC 8432) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Nursery and greenhouse workers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 2,960 people work in this occupation.
- Nursery and greenhouse workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture: 83%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: