Job prospects Operating Systems Programmer in the Halifax Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Computer programmers and interactive media developers" in the Halifax Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2020-2022), there was a major labour shortage for Computer programmers and interactive media developers in the Halifax Region. There were far more job openings than workers available to fill them in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Computer systems developers and programmers (NOC 21230) in the Halifax region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Computer systems developers and programmers in the Halifax region:
- Approximately 840 people work in this occupation.
- Computer systems developers and programmers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 48%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 13%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 8%
- Finance, insurance and real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 7%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Computer programmers and interactive media developers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: