Job prospects Information Systems Quality Assurance Analyst near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Information systems analysts and consultants near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an information systems quality assurance analyst.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The City of Toronto has the largest technology cluster in Ontario. The Toronto economic region accounts for an above-average share of the workforce of this occupational group and computer systems design firms. Toronto continues to attract large investments in technology operations, including engineering laboratories, and research and innovation hubs., such as those involved in advancing 'self -driving' car projects.
Toronto is also a hub for Ontario's financial services, which is a key source of employment, as well as digital laboratories supporting changes in the sector. Generally, technology companies in this region are main recipients of private venture capital funding in the province and this should support start-up companies in this occupational group.
Here are some key facts about Information systems analysts and consultants in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 73,430 people work in this occupation.
- Information systems analysts and consultants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 44%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 23%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: