Job prospects Consulting Industrial Engineer near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Industrial and manufacturing engineers near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a consulting industrial engineer.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Industrial and manufacturing engineers (NOC 2141) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Industrial and manufacturing engineers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 1,260 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Industrial and manufacturing engineers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Oil and gas extraction (NAICS 211, 213): 37%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 29%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: