Job prospects Lawn And Garden Supplies Salesperson - Retail in Saskatchewan
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "lawn and garden supplies salesperson - retail" in Saskatchewan or Canada.
Job opportunities in Saskatchewan
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be limited for Retail salespersons and visual merchandisers (NOC 64100) in Saskatchewan for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Rising public expectations of rapid and efficient service, and an aging workforce will both support employment opportunities for this occupation.
- Demand for individuals to fill openings within this occupation is driven by a post-pandemic rebound in the retail trade sector.
- Restructuring at more traditional retailers due to consumer trends and increased online shopping may impact demand for some workers over the long term.
- Staff turnover should create a steady number of job openings since this occupation has lower entry requirements and a younger workforce.
Here are some key facts about Retail salespersons and visual merchandisers in Saskatchewan:
- Approximately 17,100 people work in this occupation.
- Retail salespersons and visual merchandisers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 68%
- Food and beverage stores (NAICS 445): 12%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 59% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 41% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 53% of retail salespersons and visual merchandisers work all year, while 47% work only part of the year, compared to 65% and 35% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 40 weeks compared to 43 weeks for all occupations.
- 7% of retail salespersons and visual merchandisers are self-employed compared to an average of 16% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 46% compared to 53% for all occupations
- Women: 54% compared to 47% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: 15% compared to 11% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 50% compared to 33% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: 10% compared to 15% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 12% compared to 17% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: 11% compared to 18% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: less than 5% compared to 7% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Saskatchewan by economic region.
|Prince Albert Region|
|Regina–Moose Mountain Region|
|Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region|
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "lawn and garden supplies salesperson - retail" Retail salespersons (NOC 64100) or Canada.
- Date modified: