Job prospects Arts And Crafts Leader - Sports And Recreation near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness near Calgary (AB). These trends also apply to people working as an arts and crafts leader - sports and recreation.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was poor over the past few years (2019-2021). There were more workers available than job openings.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness (NOC 5254) in the Calgary region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 5,830 people work in this occupation.
- Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 49%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 20%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 9%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 9%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: