Job prospects Transplanter - Landscape Maintenance in Saskatchewan
Job opportunities for Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers (NOC 8612) are fair in Saskatchewan over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a transplanter - landscape maintenance.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Saskatchewan
The employment outlook will be fair for Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers (NOC 8612) in Saskatchewan for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
A strengthening economy and ongoing residential construction may support job opportunities for this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers in the Saskatchewan region:
- Approximately 2,650 people work in this occupation.
- Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 36%
- Arts, entertainment and recreation (NAICS 71): 23%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 15%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 71% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 29% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 26% of landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers work all year, while 74% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 23 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 13% of landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Saskatchewan by economic region.
|Northern Region||Fair Fair|
|Prince Albert Region||Fair Fair|
|Regina–Moose Mountain Region||Fair Fair|
|Saskatoon–Biggar Region||Fair Fair|
|Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region||Fair Fair|
|Yorkton–Melville Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers (NOC 8612) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: