Job prospects Chemist in the Toronto Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Chemists" in the Toronto Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Chemists (NOC 2112) in the Toronto region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Chemists in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 5,480 people work in this occupation.
- Chemists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 52%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 21%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Chemists across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: