Job prospects Chemist in the Edmonton Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Chemists" in the Edmonton Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Chemists (NOC 21101) in the Edmonton region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Chemists in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 840 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Chemists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 28%
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 20%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 9%
- Oil and gas extraction (NAICS 211, 213): 8%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 8%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Chemists across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: