Job prospects Chemist near Kitchener (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Chemists" near Kitchener (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very good for Chemists (NOC 21101) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Chemists in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 660 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Chemists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 34%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 31%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 9%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Chemists across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: