Job prospects Chemist near Kitchener (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Chemists near Kitchener (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a chemist.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Chemists (NOC 2112) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Chemists in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 460 people work in this occupation.
- Chemists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 38%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 20%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 10%
- Petroleum and coal product manufacturing (NAICS 324): 7%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: