Job prospects Chemist near Kitchener (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Chemists" near Kitchener (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Chemists (NOC 2112) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Chemists in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 390 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Chemists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 36%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 25%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 7%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Chemists across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: