Job prospects Chemist near Kitchener (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Chemists" near Kitchener (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Chemists (NOC 2112) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Chemists in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 390 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Chemists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 36%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 25%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 7%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Chemists across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: