Job prospects Chemist near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Chemists" near Calgary (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Chemists (NOC 2112) in the Calgary region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Chemists in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 510 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Chemists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 39%
- Support activities for mining, oil and gas (NAICS 213): 13%
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 12%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 10%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Chemists across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: