Job prospects Taxi Dispatcher near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Dispatchers near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a taxi dispatcher.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Dispatchers (NOC 1525) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Dispatchers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 2,250 people work in this occupation.
- Dispatchers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 46%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 12%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 7%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 7%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: