Job prospects Machining Tool Operator near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Machining tool operators" near Toronto (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Machining tool operators (NOC 9417) in the Toronto region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Machining tool operators in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 2,200 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Machining tool operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Motor vehicle, body, trailer and parts manufacturing (NAICS 3361-3363): 26%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 19%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 16%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 7%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Machining tool operators across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: