Job prospects Fish Plant Worker near Saint John (NB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Fish and seafood plant workers" near Saint John (NB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Fish and seafood plant workers (NOC 94142) in the Saint John - St. Stephen region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Additional information is available at the provincial level.
Here are some key facts about Fish and seafood plant workers in the Saint John - St. Stephen region:
- Approximately 270 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Fish and seafood plant workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 77%
- Paper manufacturing (NAICS 322): 9%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 7%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Fish and seafood plant workers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: