Job prospects Construction Technician - Civil Engineering near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Civil engineering technologists and technicians near Edmonton (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a construction technician - civil engineering.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Civil engineering technologists and technicians (NOC 2231) in the Edmonton region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Civil engineering technologists and technicians in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 1,720 people work in this occupation.
- Civil engineering technologists and technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 41%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 26%
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 10%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 6%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: