Job prospects Data Analyst - Informatics And Systems in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Database analysts and data administrators" in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2020-2022), there was a labour shortage for Database analysts and data administrators in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region. There were more job openings than workers available to fill them in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 21223) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Occupations in the technology sector continue to see strong demand with a growing IT sector in British Columbia. Employment in these occupations grew significantly during the COVID-19 pandemic with a slight decline as employers adjusted to a post pandemic reality. Demand is centered in the Lower Mainland-Southwest region with a large number of technology firms having offices in Metro Vancouver.
Here are some key facts about Database analysts and data administrators in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 4,880 people work in this occupation.
- Database analysts and data administrators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 30%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 11%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 11%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Database analysts and data administrators across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: