Job prospects Data Analyst - Informatics And Systems near Windsor (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Database analysts and data administrators near Windsor (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a data analyst - informatics and systems.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172) in the Windsor - Sarnia region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Database analysts and data administrators in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 350 people work in this occupation.
- Database analysts and data administrators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 16%
- Motor vehicle, body, trailer and parts manufacturing (NAICS 3361-3363): 12%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 11%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 10%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 8%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: