Job prospects Property Administrator in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Property administrators (NOC 1224) are fair in British Columbia over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a property administrator.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be fair for Property administrators (NOC 1224) in British Columbia for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Property administrators in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 5,900 people work in this occupation.
- Property administrators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Real Estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 53): 77%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 72% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 28% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 66% of property administrators work all year, while 34% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 33 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 31% of property administrators are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Fair Fair|
|Kootenay Region||Good Good|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Fair Fair|
|Nechako Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Coast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Northeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Fair Fair|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Property administrators (NOC 1224) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: