Job prospects Fruits And Vegetables Manager - Retail near Trois-Rivières (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Retail and wholesale trade managers" near Trois-Rivières (QC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Retail and wholesale trade managers (NOC 0621) in the Mauricie region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- The evolution of this occupation is associated with trends that affect retail and wholesale trade. While retail trade should continue to experience a gradual and slight decrease over the next few years, the outlook for wholesale trade should remain more positive, particularly in the sectors that deal directly with construction and renovation contractors.
- However, the economic context, buying habits, e-commerce and, more generally, population growth will curb job growth for these professionals in the medium and long term.
- Inflation and rising interest rates, which are causing households to lose purchasing power, could lead to reduced consumption.
- Continued telework will further change the dynamics of some industries, particularly for fashion, cosmetics, and health and personal care products, where the decreased demand for these products may continue on a more permanent basis.
- The rise in e-commerce is reducing in-store traffic, which could disadvantage a large percentage of Quebec businesses that are still lagging behind in online transactions.
- The province's population growth is among the lowest in Canada. The aging population has a different approach to consumption due to lower incomes and changing needs with age, which could limit employment in the longer term.
While it will be moderate elsewhere, the employment outlook for this occupation will be good in the following region:
- Centre-du-Québec, due to a lower proportion of unemployed
Here are some key facts about Retail and wholesale trade managers in the Mauricie region:
- Approximately 1,580 people work in this occupation.
- Retail and wholesale trade managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 90%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 8%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Retail and wholesale trade managers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: