Job prospects Food Counter Attendant near Cold Lake (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations near Cold Lake (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a food counter attendant.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations (NOC 6711) in the Wood Buffalo - Cold Lake region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
This tourism-related occupation has been affected by weakness in the oil and gas sector. Apart from Banff, Jasper, and the Mountain Parks region, Alberta's hotel industry has been negatively impacted by the economic slowdown. Increases in international tourist traffic have only partially offset a slump in business travel. Additionally, tighter household budgets have reduced in-province vacation travel.
Here are some key facts about Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations in the Wood Buffalo - Cold Lake region:
- Approximately 1,190 people work in this occupation.
- Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 76%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: