Job prospects Tilesetter in Alberta
Job opportunities for Tilesetters (NOC 7283) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a tilesetter.
Note that the current 2019-2021 employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. We are working to update this information as soon as possible. In the meantime, visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation. You can also read our newly updated sectoral profiles to learn about recent developments for key economic sectors in your region.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Tilesetters (NOC 7283) in Alberta for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Tilesetters in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 1,650 people work in this occupation.
- Tilesetters mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 93%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 89% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 11% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 48% of tilesetters work all year, while 52% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 54% of tilesetters are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Calgary Region||Fair Fair|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Red Deer Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: