Job prospects Cabinetmaker near Saint-Jérôme (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Cabinetmakers near Saint-Jérôme (QC). These trends also apply to people working as a cabinetmaker.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Cabinetmakers (NOC 7272) in the Laurentides region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Cabinetmakers in the Laurentides region:
- Approximately 200 people work in this occupation.
- Cabinetmakers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (NAICS 337): 36%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 24%
- Wood product manufacturing (NAICS 321): 13%
- Transportation equipment manufacturing (NAICS 336): 9%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: