Job prospects Elevator Constructor Helper near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Other trades helpers and labourers" near Calgary (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Other trades helpers and labourers (NOC 7612) in the Calgary region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Other trades helpers and labourers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 290 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Other trades helpers and labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 35%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 15%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 11%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Other trades helpers and labourers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: