Job prospects Material Handler near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Material handlers near Edmonton (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a material handler.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Material handlers (NOC 7452) in the Edmonton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Material handlers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 7,860 people work in this occupation.
- Material handlers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 30%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 21%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 17%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: