Job prospects Material Handler near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Material handlers" near Calgary (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Material handlers (NOC 75101) in the Calgary region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
E-commerce, or online shopping, has gained a growing percentage of total retail sales across Canada in recent years. In response, retailers have built large fulfillment centres near urban areas to bring down delivery costs and times, leading to a high demand for this occupation. It is unlikely that the trend will reverse in the near term.
Here are some key facts about Material handlers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 10,660 people work in this occupation.
- Material handlers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 41%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 27%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 9%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Material handlers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: