Job prospects Hairstylist Apprentice near Edmonton (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "hairstylist apprentice" was moved from the group Hairstylists and barbers (NOC 6341) to the group Hairstylists and barbers (NOC 63210).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Hairstylists and barbers" near Edmonton (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be limited for Hairstylists and barbers (NOC 6341) in the Edmonton region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Hairstylists and barbers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 3,340 people work in this occupation.
- Hairstylists and barbers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): more than 95%
Source Labour Market Information | Prospects Methodology
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: