Job prospects Cleaning Supervisor in Saskatchewan
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "cleaning supervisor" in Saskatchewan or Canada.
Job opportunities in Saskatchewan
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Cleaning supervisors (NOC 6315) in Saskatchewan for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Quelles sont les principales tendances qui ont un impact sur l'emploi?
- Strong demand for cleaning services continues to create employment growth for this occupation in many settings including management and administrative services, schools and universities, hospitals, and accommodation services.
- The outlook for this occupation in offices and certain types of service businesses may be uncertain as many large employers allow for remote work.
Here are some key facts about Cleaning supervisors in Saskatchewan:
- Approximately 1,650 people work in this occupation.
- Cleaning supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 33%
- Elementary and secondary schools (NAICS 6111): 19%
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 7%
- Universities (NAICS 6113): 7%
- Accommodation services (NAICS 721): 7%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 89% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 11% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 68% of cleaning supervisors work all year, while 32% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 28 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- less than 5% of cleaning supervisors are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 67% compared to 53% for all occupations
- Women: 33% compared to 47% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: 18% compared to 14% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 39% compared to 32% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: 25% compared to 11% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 12% compared to 22% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: less than 5% compared to 15% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: less than 5% compared to 6% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Saskatchewan by economic region.
|Prince Albert Region|
|Regina–Moose Mountain Region|
|Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region|
- Date modified: