Job prospects Cleaning Supervisor near Lethbridge (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Cleaning supervisors near Lethbridge (AB). These trends also apply to people working as a cleaning supervisor.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Cleaning supervisors (NOC 6315) in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
This tourism-related occupation has been affected by weakness in the oil and gas sector. Apart from Banff, Jasper, and the Mountain Parks region, Alberta's hotel industry has been negatively impacted by the economic slowdown. Increases in international tourist traffic have only partially offset a slump in business travel. Additionally, tighter household budgets have reduced in-province vacation travel.
Here are some key facts about Cleaning supervisors in the Lethbridge - Medicine Hat region:
- Approximately 300 people work in this occupation.
- Cleaning supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 57%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 25%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 9%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 9%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
- Date modified: