Job prospects Shipper-receiver near Hamilton (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Shippers and receivers near Hamilton (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a shipper-receiver.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Shippers and receivers (NOC 1521) in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Shippers and receivers in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region:
- Approximately 5,470 people work in this occupation.
- Shippers and receivers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 22%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 18%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 14%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: