Job prospects Automotive Service Technician - Steering, Suspension And Brakes near Port Hawkesbury (NS)
Explore current and future job prospects for Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers near Port Hawkesbury (NS). These trends also apply to people working as an automotive service technician - steering, suspension and brakes.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers (NOC 7321) in the Cape Breton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of a few positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Additional information is available at the provincial level.
Here are some key facts about Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers in the Cape Breton region:
- Approximately 530 people work in this occupation.
- Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 50%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 31%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: