Job prospects Purchasing Director near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Purchasing managers" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Purchasing managers (NOC 0113) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Purchasing managers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,740 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Purchasing managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 15%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 13%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 8%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 8%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 7%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Purchasing managers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: