Job prospects Purchasing Director near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Purchasing managers" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Purchasing managers (NOC 0113) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Purchasing managers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,740 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Purchasing managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 15%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 13%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 8%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 8%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 7%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Purchasing managers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: