Job prospects Freight Elevator Operator near Halifax (NS)
Explore current and future job prospects for Other service support occupations, n.e.c. near Halifax (NS). These trends also apply to people working as a freight elevator operator.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Other service support occupations, n.e.c. (NOC 6742) in the Halifax region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Other service support occupations, n.e.c. in the Halifax region:
- Approximately 500 people work in this occupation.
- Other service support occupations, n.e.c. mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 30%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 18%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 12%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 9%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: