Job prospects Specialized Cleaner in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Specialized cleaners (NOC 6732) are fair in British Columbia over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a specialized cleaner.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be fair for Specialized cleaners (NOC 6732) in British Columbia for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Specialized cleaners in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 5,500 people work in this occupation.
- Specialized cleaners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Management and administrative services (NAICS 55, 56): 28%
- Repair and maintenance (NAICS 811): 28%
- Other retail stores (NAICS 44-45, except 445): 23%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 73% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 27% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 49% of specialized cleaners work all year, while 51% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 29 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 20% of specialized cleaners are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Limited Limited|
|Kootenay Region||Fair Fair|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Fair Fair|
|Nechako Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Coast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Northeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Fair Fair|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Fair Fair|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Specialized cleaners (NOC 6732) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: