Job prospects Specialized Cleaner near Vancouver (BC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "specialized cleaner" was moved from the group Specialized cleaners (NOC 6732) to the group Specialized cleaners (NOC 65311).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Specialized cleaners" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very limited for Specialized cleaners (NOC 6732) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Specialized cleaners in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 3,220 people work in this occupation.
- Specialized cleaners mainly work in the following sectors:
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 32%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 26%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 20%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: