Job prospects Computerized Information Systems Manager near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Computer and information systems managers near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as a computerized information systems manager.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The City of Toronto has the largest technology cluster in Ontario. The Toronto economic region also accounts for an above-average share of the workforce of this occupation, as well as of software publishers and computer systems design firms. Toronto continues to attract large investments in technology operations, including engineering laboratories, and research and innovation hubs., such as those involved in advancing 'self -driving' car projects.
Toronto is also a hub for Ontario's financial services, and this sector should be a key source of employment, as well as the digital laboratories supporting changes in the services.
Here are some key facts about Computer and information systems managers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 26,660 people work in this occupation.
- Computer and information systems managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 37%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 20%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 9%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: